Hike up to La Rocca
On top of the La Rocca, little children must be held by the hand, as there are some steep and unprotected parts.
- Round trip 7km
- Duration around 2h
- All year round
- light to medium (brief steep or rocky parts)
- good footwear recommended
- no food stop
- START: SR 249 - Via San Bernardo - Garda (VR)
(left of the church on the main street)
Follow Via San Bernardo (signs for Rocca Eremo “B”) until Via Boschi. 600m
- Go up Via Boschi and follow it for 2km. The last part of the road has a 15% gradient. 1900m
- Once at the top, turn right after 20m into the field (signs for Rocca Eremo “B”). The path ends into a larger dirt road that goes up to the Eremo monastery. 1300m
- At the point with a wooden cross in the middle, those who wish, can visit the monastery by continuing the road on the left. Otherwise keep to the right and follow the path through the woods to a crossroads of various paths, with a small rest area with a bench. 750m
- From here take the steep uphill path to the top of the Rocca. 400m
- Enjoy the view and then go back to the crossroads of the various paths with the bench.
Take the second path on the left that goes down, until the fork. 850m
- Turn left into the panoramic path that ends in a paved road. Go down on the right until you reach the rest area “Madonna del Pign”. 550m
- Follow the signs for "Madonna del Pign". 200m
- Continue past the statue of the Madonna and go down until you reach the main road, next to the church. 350m
We have prepared these tour descriptions to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for the correctness, completeness or any changes in the route. This applies even if you get lost, injured, hungry or thirsty on the road, the weather changes, the view is not as you imagined it, you wear the wrong clothes or slippers or do not comply with the rules, etc.. ;-)
In any case, we wish you a fun trip!
As at 2020